Wednesday 10 May 2017

1B THEORISTS- Music Magazine:



REPRESENTATION:
Dyer- Stereotypes:
  • The artists in my music magazine were stereotypical representation of indie bands and solo artists. I dressed my artists in clothing that reflected this: jeans, trainers, tshirts, jackets, shirts etc. 
  • My main band 'Young Chasers' were a stereotype of male indie rock groups. They all differed from each other and had the lead vocalist central in all of the shots. The lead vocalist answered the most questions in the Q&A on my double page spread too. 
  • The star image of my artists was maintained by the use of photoshop's airbrush tool to keep them looking fresh, inviting and professional; making my images aesthetically pleasing. 
  • The double page spread Q&A included talk from the band that, stereotypically, would come out of an interview with bands; inspired by previous interviews. 
AUDIENCE:
Abercrombie- "Audiences derive pleasure from the way in which their expectations are realized":

  • The audience would see the magazine and expect it to be an indie magazine. This is from the CVI being of a male indie band, the monochrome colour scheme with a pop of colour and the collection of artists listed at the bottom of the cover. 
  • Looking at the contents, they would expect to see pages about new releases, tours, festivals, suggested artists etc as that is common within the genre. 
  • The double page spread included a Q&A which most indie magazines have and the audience would expect to see this in the magazine somewhere with any band; mainly the band headlining the magazine. The questions would be typically asked ones. 
GENRE:
Black- "A cover should be a poster":

  • The cover of my magazine looked much like a poster. I had a masthead, a CVI and, at the bottom, a selection of indie artists. The layout reflected a common poster layout. This is common within the indie genre as it is simple and is received well by the audience. 
  • The genre of my magazine was represented by my monochrome colour scheme with pops of colour like red and khaki which are common colours in the genre. My masthead was bold and eyecatching. My CVI reflected an indie rock band who wore clothing inspired by the indie genre (listed above). The contents page included headings which are common conventions of indie magazines. The content of my Q&A was also common in the indie genre. 



No comments:

Post a Comment